- This event has passed.
Child Protection Officer Training
10 December 2019 @ 09:30 - 16:30£89 – £139
This training will enable you to become familiar with the roles and responsibilities of the child protection officer so you can develop competence and confidence in carrying out this role.
You’ll explore key themes around policy, referral procedures, support to staff, and best practice in safeguarding children and young people.
– Understanding of the responsibilities attached to your roleUnderstanding of the responsibilities attached to your role
– Gaining confidence in revising policies and procedures and embedding them across your agency
– Understanding the importance of management oversight of staff working with children & young people
– Recognising the role of your setting in providing early help to vulnerable children in order to minimise and manage risk
– Managing concerns and the process for referring those children who may be in need of protection or intervention from other services.
This training is aimed at anyone who comes into regular contact with children and young people.