- This event has passed.
Child Protection & Safeguarding in the Museum and Heritage Sector
25 April @ 10:00 - 16:15£100
As we strive to give children and young people more creative opportunities to engage with the stories and objects that tell our history, it is crucial to remain up to date with legislation surrounding child protection and duty of care.
Designed for individuals and organisations in the museum and heritage sector, this course provides a full update on current child protection legislation, including the Disclosure and Barring Service, the Duty to Refer and Working Together. Through relevant case studies, peer discussion and the practical advice and guidance of our expert trainer, you will develop useful procedures and build confidence around child protection issues relevant to your setting.
This course is being delivered in conjunction with the Royal Collection Trust and Windsor Castle Learning Team. The day will also feature a guided tour of Windsor Castle – the perfect opportunity to contextualise this sector-specific learning experience.
Ideal for everyone working in the museum and heritage sectors with children and young people.
You will gain:
- An update on current child protection legislation and best practice
- Information on the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS); how to handle disclosures
- Confidence around Duty to Refer and Working Together legislation
- Ideas for developing child protection policies
- Practical advice and considerations for museum and heritage settings
- Guided tour of Windsor Castle