- This event has passed.
Creating a Safeguarding Risk Assessment
8 March @ 10:30 - 12:00£35.00
This 1.5 hour session is a practical workshop for organisations and individuals working with children, young people and adults at risk who have a current understanding of safeguarding.
For safeguarding policy and practice to be effective, it must take into account the specific people we work with, the activities that we deliver and the places and spaces we work in. Risk assessment is an important part of this process and helps us to understand the levels of risk our activities involve, and how we can reduce or mitigate these.
In the current environment, organisations have had to change the way that they work – for many of us this means projects and programmes have been moved online. At this time, it is important for organisations to revisit their risk assessments and consider their new ways of working, particularly when working with children, young people and adults at risk. The session will look at your current risk assessment, alongside HSE guidance, to identify the additional risks that online working may create, as well as considering ways to mitigate risks that are specific to your activities.
• Organisations and individuals working with children, young people and adults at risk who have some safeguarding knowledge and experience
• Those looking to create a safeguarding risk assessment to further mitigate risks in their online activities and develop best practice.
• explore potential risks in the activities that you deliver
• consider the risk ratings of these activities
• identify current measures that you have in place
• consider further ways to mitigate risk and reduce your risk ratings
£35 per person
For advice and information, please contact the Professional Development team via email@example.com