- This event has passed.
Creative Consultation Course – Thursday 6th & 13th May
6 May @ 10:00 - 12:30
An event every week that begins at 10:00 on Thursday, repeating until 13 May 2021
If it’s for them, work with them! Ensure your projects for young people remain dynamic and relevant, by embedding their voice across your work and the governance of your organisation. Explore effective consultation tools and discover meaningful, creative ways to communicate with young people. Learn to understand the interests, needs and behaviours of your audiences by involving young people in active roles and ongoing dialogue that listens and empowers.
Throughout 2 x 2.5 hour sessions, you will look at consultation models and how they link to best practice with children and young people and the benefits and skills that can be developed as a result.
You will gain:
• Explore ways in which young people can be given agency and voice.
• Consider how embedding the voice of young people can contribute to your activities, programmes, policy and practice and promote inclusivity in the work that you deliver.
• Explore the different ways you can involve young people.
• Build a toolkit of consultation techniques
• Develop an understanding of how to facilitate discussions considering any accessibility issues.
• Consider the ethics and safeguarding risks.