- This event has passed.
Creative Consultation with Young People, Artswork
24 August 2021 @ 10:00 - 14:30
An event every week that begins at 10:00 on Tuesday, repeating until 31 August 2021
This online course will help you to develop an understanding of person-centred consultation.
About this event
‘I thoroughly enjoyed the day and the networking opportunity. I will take these ideas back to the workplace and share them with the staff team.’ (Course Participant, 2018)
If it’s for them, work with them! Ensure your projects for young people remain dynamic and relevant, by embedding their voice across your work and the governance of your organisation. Explore effective consultation tools and discover meaningful, creative ways to communicate with young people. Learn to understand the interests, needs and behaviours of your audiences by involving young people in active roles and ongoing dialogue that listens and empowers.
Throughout 2 x 2.5 hour sessions, you will look at consultation models and how they link to best practice with children and young people and the benefits and skills that can be developed as a result.
This course is split over 2 days:
Session 1: Tuesday 24th August, 10am – 12.30pm
Session 2: Tuesday 31st August, 10am – 12.30pm
• Individuals or organisations looking to embed the voice of young people in their work or the governance of their organisation
• Those seeking to understand the interests, needs and behaviours of young audiences
• Professionals interested in nurturing the next creative generation, supporting them to develop leadership skills.
You will gain:
• Explore ways in which young people can be given agency and voice.
• Consider how embedding the voice of young people can contribute to your activities, programmes, policy and practice and promote inclusivity in the work that you deliver.
• Explore the different ways you can involve young people.
• Build a toolkit of consultation techniques
• Develop an understanding of how to facilitate discussions considering any accessibility issues.
• Consider the ethics and safeguarding risks.
Trainer: Lesley Wood
Full price: £95 per person
Bursary price: £57
For advice and information please contact our Professional Development team via [email protected]