- This event has passed.
“How Much!” Know Your Value – Pay and Conditions of Freelancing
12 January @ 10:00 - 11:30
Freelancers’ rates of pay are often misunderstood and to some can across as unreasonably high when compared to salaried roles. This tea talk will tackle this issue and enable freelancers to develop their confidence in setting their fees and explore how we can explain them to commissioning organisations. It will cover:
- How is a freelancers’ time dividend – work, client development, networking/PR/CPD
- Freelancer ‘on’ costs – equipment, research, CPD, insurance
- The lost days – freelancers’ holiday and sick pay
- Pricing of risk and flexibility
- Flexible pricing – when and where
- Under budgeted tenders
- Project conditions – what is reasonable and what is unreasonable
- Fee setting
There will be short presentation on the points above and, we hope, a lively discussion afterward where we can share our experiences and support each other to develop pricing structures that reflect and value our experience and abilities.