- This event has passed.
Imagination Museum Consortium Event
24 May 2019 @ 10:30 - 16:30Free
Thanks to funding through the Curatorial Voice strand of the Surf the Wave programme and Arts Council England (through the Strategic Touring programme), with in kind support from The Collection Museum, we are hoping that this first consortium event will be FREE to attend as it will be the pilot for our new series of discussion events.
Who is it for?
- For those with an interest in using dance and movement to interpret heritage – you might already have some experience or just want to find out more about possibilities for collaboration in the future.
- People interested in participating in The Imagination Museum going forward – a hub, online and in person, for sharing events, opportunities, experiences and resources exploring ways of moving in museums.
What will happen on the day?
- A bit of a performance
- An opportunity to see work from a range of current artists-in-residence at The Collection
- Discussion about what The Imagination Museum can offer artists and heritage sites in the future, contributing to shaping the programme over the next 2-3 years
- Lunch and a chance to talk to other participants
- You must be a member of the Imagination Museum consortium to attend (sign up for free here). When we have full details and a booking process in place, places will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
- A limited number of small ‘Go-and-see’ travel bursaries will be available for artists/museum practitioners attending from further afield who would like to engage with the Imagination Museum at this early stage of development – please contact us on [email protected] if you would like to be considered for one of these bursaries.