- This event has passed.
Volunteer Management: Getting it Right
11 February 2019 @ 10:30 - 16:00
We all tick the Accreditation box, saying we carry out inductions for volunteers, but what do we actually include in an induction? How much do they need to know? This one day training course will cover all the best-practice basics for volunteer management, including how to draw up volunteer agreements; what do we need to do to keep our volunteers safe and happy; what our legal obligations are to our volunteers; what ‘best practice’ in looks like and how to set up your own training programme for volunteers.
By the end of this training, you will:
- Understand the difference between a volunteer and an employee.
- Understand the legal requirements of an organisation using volunteers – Health & Safety, expenses, hours, record-keeping etc.
- Know how to set up a volunteer agreement to satisfy the legal requirements and Museum Accreditation.
- Be aware of any recent legal developments that will affect museum volunteering.
- Understand what constitutes best practice in volunteer inductions within a museum; to learn how to draw up a training plan for volunteers;
- Understand where to go for support.