Loughborough Bellfoundry Trust (LBT) is looking to recruit an Education Officer to develop and deliver an exciting Activity Plan as part of the National Lottery Heritage Fund (HF) project to restore the Grade II* Listed John Taylor Bellfoundry, Loughborough. Applications are invited from motivated and organised individuals with experience of community engagement projects and ideally built heritage.
In 2018 the Loughborough Bellfoundry Trust (LBT) received a Round One pass from the Heritage Fund (HF) for a project that is seeking to restore and re-energise the John Taylor Bellfoundry in Loughborough.
The project is now in its Development Phase where proposals will be significantly developed and advanced before a second round application is submitted to the HF in 2020.
A number of specialists will be commissioned and recruited at the start of 2019 to support the LBT prepare all of the necessary documentation to a high standard. As part of this, the LBT is recruiting an Education Officer to develop and deliver the project Activity Statement.
The contract will initially be for a 1 year fixed term and if the second round application is successful then a 3 year 10 month fixed term.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This job description is not definitive or exhaustive but is provided to give the applicant/post-holder an indication of the range of activities and duties they will be responsible for. Any changes to this job description will only be made following consultation with the post-holder.
- During the HF Development Phase, to develop and finalise the Outline Activity Plan submitted as part of the Round One HF application
- During the HF Delivery Phase, to deliver the Final Activity Plan
Management and co-ordination:
- To co-ordinate, manage and administer all aspects of the development and delivery of the Activity Plan and ensure the required outputs are achieved on time, to budget and within the requirements the HF as the principal project funder
- To liaise closely with the Project Coordinator and Design Team throughout the Development and Delivery phases to ensure a joined up approach to the project
- To attract, engage and manage input from a wide range of volunteers and participants in order to deliver the Activity Plan
- To input to the commissioning of third parties to deliver the Activity Plan.
- To coordinate and facilitate a Consultative Group established to provide is the main link between the project and non-statutory partners and stakeholders including the local community
- To regularly report directly to the Project Sponsor
- To report on progress at Trustee Meetings, John Taylor & Co. Board Meetings, Core Team meetings and community meetings as required
- To effectively identify risks to the Activity Plan and deliver mitigation where practicable and maintain an existing risk register
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- To undertake all quantitative and qualitative data collection necessary to complete regular evaluations that comply with HF guidance
- Working in liaison with the appointed marketing specialist and wider project team, prepare and maintain a communication strategy and use innovative methods and best practice to promote, publicise and raise awareness of the project
- Maintain and update the project website and associated social media as required
- To undertake other such work as may be required from time to time in order to expedite the timely and successful delivery of the Taylor’s Bellfoundry Project.
This job description is not definitive or exhaustive but is provided to give the post holder an indication of the range of activities, duties and responsibilities concerned with the employment.
Any changes to this job description will only be made following consultation with the post holder.
For informal enquiries and to request a copy of the specification please contact Kate Pinnock on 0797 436 3991 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loughborough Bellfoundry Trust is an equal opportunities employer.