The Harris Museum & Art Gallery wants to recruit experienced and engaging educators to deliver school sessions on a freelance basis. We hope to take on 3 people to join our team to lead visits for schools in the museum as and when required.
We aim to provide a high quality service, with activities to appeal to a range of learning styles. The role will entail teaching using active learning approaches such as object handling, drama and delivering art workshops. The vast majority of our visits are from primary schools but an ability to lead sessions with secondary and college students would be an advantage.
Rate of pay will be £45 per half day, to cover 30 mins prep, up to 2hrs session delivery, and 30 mins clearing away materials
Successful applicants will receive training (£30 per session)
Please send a CV and a supporting statement, paying particular attention to appropriate knowledge, skills and experience requested in the employee specification. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.
Send applications to Dawn Worthington, Learning Officer: email@example.com, Dawn Worthington, Harris Museum & Art Gallery, Market Square, Preston, PR1 2PP
Closing date: Friday 20th September 2019
- Deliver high quality school sessions according to prepared plans
- Prepare for the session and clear away afterwards
- Contribute towards the evaluation of sessions
We are looking to recruit for the following sessions:
- Ancient Greeks – history
- Stone Age – history
- Cottoning On – history
- Preston in the Past – history
- Toys – history
- Greek Myths – literacy
- Portraits – art
- Sculpture – art
Other themes may be requested or developed over time.
- A confident and engaging educator with experience of delivering sessions, particularly to primary aged children.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of delivering formal learning activities in a museum setting
- Appropriate subject knowledge linked to the listed sessions
- Reliable, professional, and conscientious
- Able to adapt a session to the needs and abilities of the group.
- Willing to undertake necessary training.