The British Museum is seeking facilitators to plan and deliver workshops for Greengross Creatives, a new summer programme for 16-21 year olds that has been co-designed with the Museum’s youth collective. Materials and equipment will be provided for by the Museum. Overarching aims of the programme include inspiring participants to continue to engage with the Museum after the summer, expanding their worldviews, building their career aspirations and developing their sense of empathy for their peers.
The programme consists of three strands:
There are spaces for 20 young people on each strand with each strand lasting 7 days through July to August 2019. We are seeking an experienced workshop facilitator to develop and lead each strand. (We would expect you to have expertise in the strand you wish to deliver, though you are welcome to apply for more than one strand if applicable).
During their time on the summer programme, the young people (and facilitators) will have opportunities to hear from relevant Museum staff and gain insight into the collections. A total of 21 hours has been set aside as dedicated workshop time for the facilitator to deliver face to face sessions.
Within this time it is expected that the young people will:
- Increase self-confidence
- Gain and develop new skills
- Create an end product ready for a showcase finale
It is expected that the facilitator will:
- Meet with the Museum’s youth collective prior to the summer programme for one two-hour long planning session
- Support young people on showcase rehearsal days
- Deliver a drop-in workshop on the showcase day
Full details can be found here.
To apply please contact Ayomide Oluyemi at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- A cover letter (of no more than one side of A4) outlining your suitability for the strand you want to deliver
- An up to date full CV or document outlining your relevant, recent experience of previous similar projects
- A suitable professional reference who is familiar with your work and experience in this area (References from a family member or relative are not permitted)
- Confirmation that you’re available for the dates listed in the key dates table (i.e. youth collective planning days, , delivery days for the strand, Greengross Creatives Showcase day and rehearsals)
- NB: Delivery on the summer programme is subject to DBS and relevant security checks
Application deadline: Thursday 27th June