We’re looking for a Community Learning Assistant to join us at the Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum!
You’ll work alongside the Community Learning Officer to support the delivery of our community learning programme; enabling and championing access to the museum and its collection for the local community.
The All England Lawn Tennis Club (Championships) Limited (AELTC) organises and stages The Championships.
The AELTC has delivered substantial top line growth in recent years and expects that growth to continue in conjunction with an ambitious investment programme in the years ahead.
The award-winning Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum is open all year-round and welcomes around 90,000 visitors a year, enabling them to engage with the heritage of this prestigious tennis club at the museum and on the tour.
The museums award winning learning department brings the story of Wimbledon, sport and lawn tennis to life for all audiences.
The learning team offer programmes for primary through to post-graduate level students alongside a diverse programme of community and family events.
Wimbledon isn’t just about tennis. It has a history dating back to 1868 and the story touches a wide variety of themes. Workshops range from history, art and literature through to technology, science and business with each backed up by an interactive tour of the famous grounds.
The department also has a thriving community programme which has delivered a variety of exciting projects in 2019 including a large-scale art project, a variety of family friendly programmes and, alongside the Wimbledon Foundation, brought support to groups across the London boroughs of Merton and Wandsworth.
What you’ll be doing
- Support the smooth running of the community learning programme through confidently and proactively engaging audiences living within the boroughs of Merton and Wandsworth who may experience barriers to accessing arts, culture and heritage
- Facilitate sessions including tours and workshops for people from a wide variety of age groups and abilities
- Provide administrative and logistical support for programmes and events year-round organised by the Community Learning Officer
- Participate in forward planning of the community learning programme to include the evaluation and reviewing of outcomes as appropriate
- Learn the history and stories of The Championships, keeping abreast of changes and updates to the Grounds and tournament
- Undertake other administrative and active duties to support the work of the Learning department, as agreed with the Learning Manager
- Attend and participate in team, departmental and museum meetings
What we can offer you
- Free lunch every day
- Generous pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays) and rising with service
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- On-site gym
- 25% off at The Wimbledon Shop
- Fantastic development opportunities
- And much more…
Find out more and apply on the AELTC website.
Please note that we do not advertise salaries due to the nature of our business, and our company culture of working closely, collaboratively and with integrity. However, we always pay our direct employees at least the London Living Wage. We will also always try to pay at or above market rate.
If you would like to discuss your salary expectations before applying, please contact the HR team on +44 (0) 20 8944 1066 who will be happy to talk to you.