Royal Museums Greenwich is looking for two experienced Community Facilitators to adapt and deliver development sessions with partners to target underrepresented groups (eg. Somali, African-Caribbean, African, South Asian) and develop relationships between established and newly arrived communities. Consultation on the proposed areas of activity will collaboratively develop the focus of the project in line with participants’ needs.
The Community Facilitators will explore the collection, drawing out a range of primary materials (3D objects and archival materials) that most effectively speak to the lived experience and shared legacies of migration. The Community facilitators will then create community-led programmes based on the prioritised objects.
- To scaffold participant’s introduction to the museum and developing their responses
- To support peer sharing of experience and sensitively facilitate conversation around developing a set of tips to share with curating and archive teams
- To develop a sustainable and effective monthly session format and resources
- To develop effective evaluation activities and debriefing
- To capture oral histories from local communities
- To develop and deliver sessions with key community groups that ignite curiosity and conversations around objects and artefacts from the collections relating to migration’
- To consider and advise on the language used to interpret the collections
Please read the full Job Description here.