We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Performance and Events Officer to plan and implement a programme of informal participatory events and performance for a wide range of audiences, making use of the venues and collections of Aberdeen Art Gallery and Museums.
You will be required to:
- Develop and deliver a range of participatory activities and performance opportunities at Aberdeen Art Gallery and Museums venues and in the Cowdray Hall
- Engage tutors and other specialists to deliver performances and events
- Collaborate with musicians, performers and musical providers in the region to develop and integrated approach to programming.
- Support new performers, artists and audiences in their use of all Aberdeen Art Gallery and Museums venues and to access the Collections
- Participate in national learning and music strategies and events
You will need to demonstrate skills and experience in:
- Event management and/or the performing arts
- Developing and delivering events and activities, with a focus on performing arts.
- Building and maintaining positive working relationships with artists, performers and audiences
- Ability to confidently interact with people of all ages and abilities
- Proactive and creative ability in developing learning resources
- Project and budget management
- Audience consultation and project evaluation
- Good verbal communication skills and excellent writing skills in English, including the ability to present information accurately and in a manner accessible to diverse audiences
- Well organised approach to work with an ability to work successfully to deadlines
- Working well as part of a team or on own initiative
- Good negotiating skills
- Effective communication with members of the public, staff and colleagues
- Excellent customer service
To apply go to myjobscotland’s website.