Fair Museum Jobs Career Summit
#FMJSummit with GEM supported by Artfund
Booking and Programme
All events are COMPLETELY FREE to attend, but you do have to book in advance; all booking information can be found on the Fair Museum Jobs Eventbrite
All events will take place on Zoom, and you’ll receive all the communications you need to join closer to the events.
If you’d like to see this as a chart (green for new sessions, orange for the ones we announced on Monday!), click the link below:
You check see the Monday sessions announcement here.
All the links go to the booking page with more information including the panellists we’ve announced!
Monday 23 November
- Breakfast with Fair Museum Jobs
- How to successfully manage trainees and apprentices
- What’s it like to be a museum curator?
- Doing well at interviews
- Things no-one tells you about Parental Leave
- The Pros and Cons of Museum Studies
- Sector Support Showcase Part 1
- Say Yes to Failure
Tuesday 24 November
- Development Breakfast: What counts as professional development anyway?
- What’s it like to work in small museums?
- What’s it like to work in volunteer management?
- What’s it like to work in museum operations?
- Better together: unions in the heritage sector
- Moving into leadership
- Sector Support Showcase Part 2
- CV Advice
- Our Shared Cultural Heritage
Wednesday 25 November
- What’s it like to work in collections management?
- What’s it like to be a museum director or museum manager?
- Sector Support Showcase Part 3
- What’s it like to work in museum social media, marketing and PR?
- Museums and Galleries Scotland Skills for Success Scheme
- What is museum academia and could it be a career for me?
Thursday 26 November
- Development Breakfast: How to research an organisation
- What’s it like to be a freelancer in museums and heritage?
- Tales from the Job Centre
- Making your application processes fairer and more accessible
- Being an advocate: working for the sector
- Off the beaten path: museum jobs you never considered
Friday 27 November
- Development Breakfast: Mentoring
- Anti-racism in museum recruitment
- What’s it like to work in museum visitor experience and front of house?
- What’s it like to work in conservation and collections care
- Writing Job Applications and Covering Letters
- Heritage Traineeships
- Sector Support Showcase Part 4
- How to read a Job Description
Saturday 28 November
- Development Breakfast: Keeping track of your career
- Building professional confidence
- Your personal values and how to use them
- Sector Support Showcase Part 5
- Rethinking Museum Recruitment with Kids in Museums
Sunday 29 November
- What’s it like to work in museum archives?
- Finding your Creative Why
- A Guide to Networking
- Freelancing in museums – by the numbers
- Social Media and LinkedIn as a tool for professional development and networking
Code of Conduct
Everyone who participates in the FMJSummit – as a panellist, speaker, attendee or our own FMJ team will all be expect to adhere to our Code of Conduct – click to view our current draft
If you think there’s something missing, please contact us on email@example.com