GEM Conference 2022 Information for Exhibitors & Advertisers
Thinking Outwards: A Way Forward for Museum Learning
Don’t miss out on these great opportunities to promote your projects, services and products to around 150 in-person conference delegates and 2,700+ digital GEM subscribers who are enthusiastic about learning within museums, heritage and cultural settings.
What’s the event?
GEM’s annual conference has been bringing together active and passionate heritage learning professionals for over 70 years. GEM’s annual conference keeps you up-to-date with the sector’s cutting edge, with high profile keynote speakers and participatory workshops sharing practice, innovations and challenges. The three-day conference which in 2022 will be held at Derby’s Museum of Making, is packed with networking opportunities, and has a lively, welcoming and collaborative atmosphere, with delegates keen to meet new people and find new opportunities and partners.
This year GEM will be offering a hybrid conference model, with all keynotes, panel discussions and presentations on the main stage being available to join live online for those who are unable to travel to Derby. Both physical and digital advertising opportunities are available!
Who can I reach?
GEM’s annual conference attracts around 150 delegates, these include:
· directors & chief executives
· learning & education staff
· project managers & officers
· outreach & access staff
· policy & fundraising staff
· volunteer co-ordinators & managers
· curators & collection managers
· event & exhibition staff
· museum & heritage site managers
How can I get involved?
1) On-site exhibit opportunities
2) On-site delegate bag inserts
3) Programme advertisements
4) Digital email advertisements
5) Bespoke sponsorship opportunities
Exhibit at our networking and exhibition marketplace, share information about your project and market your services or goods.
Exhibiting at GEM conference allows you to:
· meet a niche audience
· disseminate information & materials
· explain in-depth your latest project
· demonstrate new products
· be part of a professional setting with a relaxed & friendly environment
· meet potential clients face-to-face
· sell yourself & your organisation
· maximise interactions as refreshments & lunch (included in fee) are served within the exhibition area
Each exhibition stand comes as a package including:
· Stand Area Approx 1.5m by 1m. Exhibitors may bring their own pop-up or stand-alone displays.
· Furniture One table and two chairs will be provided.
· Listing Your stand description, website address and social media tags will be displayed on the GEM website and within the conference programme.
· A free delegate bag insert Include an insert in conference delegate packs, such as a leaflet or booklet.
· Special exhibitor tweets Before and during conference we’ll let our Twitter followers (over 11,000+ of them) know about your organisation/offer.
Please note, stands must be staffed by at least one member of staff.
Exhibition Stand Fees
Our GEM members and suppliers receive special rates. To find out more about joining GEM or becoming a supplier, please visit www.gem.org.uk/suppliers-listing.
The exhibition marketplace will be open 9:15 to 17:00 on all three conference days.
If you’d like to book an exhibitor stand, please send us an email detailing your requirements to [email protected] and we will get back to you.
Delegate Pack Inserts
Can’t look after a stand at conference? Include your materials such as leaflets, flyers, booklets, in the conference delegate pack instead from just £40 for an insert
If you’d like to book a delegate bag insert, please send us an email detailing what type of insert you’d like to include to [email protected] and we will get back to you.
You will need to send 175 copies of your materials to the conference venue to arrive by Tuesday 6 September 2022 (details will be provided after booking).
Market your museum, heritage site, learning programme, engagement tool and more to a captive audience of 150+ GEM Conference delegates. The GEM programme is the go-to conference publication and is kept on-hand by delegates and read cover to cover over the course of the 3-day conference.
As the 2022 GEM Conference is hybrid and taking place digitally as well as in-person, the conference programme will be distributed digitally as well as physically maximising advertising opportunities.
Digital Advertisement Opportunities
GEM’s digital audience has expanded significantly over the past few years and is now a trusted source of information and engagement for museum and heritage enthusiasts located around the globe.
Email marketing engagement for GEM regularly surpasses industry benchmarks reporting open and clickthrough rates that shoot past the industry standard. Note the statistics from an April 2022 GEM Update that was sent to our list of members and non-members below:
GEM Conference 2022 email advertisements will be circulated to our list of members and non-members which contains 2,700+ readers sourced from Eventbrite sessions, social media, our website and GEM membership.
Send a targeted email to this list by selecting the sponsored GEM Update option or play a part in a conference email campaign by choosing an email spotlight (circulated in 1 email campaign.)
If you’d like to book a digital advertisement, please send us an email detailing what type of advertisement you’d like as well as appropriately sized image/text to [email protected] and we will get back to you with dates and details.
There are a number of sponsorship opportunities available such as:
· sponsoring conference activities
· funding bursaries to enable those who would otherwise be unable to attend to do so, such as volunteers and staff from under-funded museum and heritage organisations
Sponsors will have their logos displayed in the conference website and programme. We are happy to discuss any other arrangements with you. For more information, please contact us on [email protected]
For further details about any of the above, please contact us:
GEM Office, Unit B7, Admirals Office, The Historic Dockyard, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TZ