GEM’s intermediate courses
Are you finding the training you need to sharpen and broaden your skills as a heritage learning professional? GEM has developed a series of intermediate courses, aimed at supporting the professional development of mid-career heritage professionals.
These courses address core competencies identified by GEM, and help to raise professional standards in the sector.
Each course begins about one week before a workshop with a training needs analysis, some reading and a few short activities to be completed prior to the workshop. The workshops include time for reflection, networking and the building of a peer support group. After the workshops there are follow-up activities and support that help to reinforce and embed your learning. On satisfactory completion of each course, participants are awarded a certificate.
What can you expect to take away from these courses?
GEM will be running the following intermediate courses in 2018:
- Heritage Interpretation find out more >
- Creative Collaborations: Participatory work with artists and creative practitioners in heritage settings find out more >
- Health and Wellbeing find out more >
- Essentials of Leadership find out more >
- Fundraising and Income Generation find out more >
Get the latest updates on training courses by signing up to our fortnightly eBulletin.