Why Join GEM?
Why join GEM? Let us count the ways… January is a great time to think about the new year. What are your goals?
Do you want to become a better educator?
Do you want to snag that killer museum/heritage job?
Do you want to strengthen your networks and build new skills?
Do you want to receive discounts on training, conferences, events and advertising?
Do you want to brush up on sector events and top tips with the monthly GEM eNews?
Do you want to get dynamic Case Studies delivered straight to your inbox 2x yearly?
How about JEM, Journal of Museum Education dropped on your doorstep once annually?
You can do all of that and more by joining GEM.
GEM membership is open to anyone interested in learning through museums and heritage and is available to both individuals and institutions. This includes museums, galleries, country houses, heritage sites, urban and countryside interpretative centres, science centres, schools and universities.
Our community is a close and active network of people who want to spread joy, understanding and opportunities through engagement with heritage. Through GEM they keep their practice up to the highest standards, discover new approaches, cultivate partnerships and fuel each other’s incredible energy.
- Digital copy of the twice-yearly GEM Case Studies.
- Access to JEM, the Journal of Museum Education.
- Monthly eNews with exclusive content, news and events, job opportunities and career case studies from professionals in sector.
- Invitations to member-only events, meetups and training.
- Opportunities to take place in blog spotlights, Twitter takeovers and other profile-raising and project-sharing initiatives.
- Mentor/mentee programmes.
- Dedicated GEM Area Reps across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- GEM voting rights.
- Back copies of publications free of postage and packing charges.
Members receive discounts on:
Institutional members receive two copies of all printed publications. Up to four members of staff may receive the monthly eNews and the same discounts as an individual member. Only the named representative (whose name can be easily changed) is entitled to vote at general meetings.
NOW for the exciting news – we are offering non-members the chance to join GEM at the discounted 2019 rates before they increase on 1 February 2020.
Concessionary £37 (unwaged/students)
Concessionary £39 (unwaged/students)
*GEM Supporters receive news about GEM’s activities and a copy of all GEM’s publications. They are non-voting members who do not receive discounts on training events or conference fees. Their subscriptions can be gift-aided.
If you’re ready to make the best decision of 2020 – and sign up as a GEM member, download the 2019 membership form (until 1 February 2020!), fill it out, and send it back to:
The Joiners Shop, The Historic Dockyard, Chatham, Kent ME4 4TZ
Tel: 01634 816280 / firstname.lastname@example.org