- This event has passed.
GEM Event: Making Your Learning Website Work For You
24 March 2021 @ 10:00 - 12:30£7.50 – £15.00
Join us for this webinar workshop facilitated by Digital Heritage Consultant and GEM Digital Volunteer Martin Bazley which will last 2.5 hours including a short break.
Martin will provide insights into how to make a learning website more effective, including practical demos of user testing, to show how it works. There will opportunities for questions during the session and detailed handouts will be supplied afterwards.
Topics to be covered during the session and/or in the handouts
– How user testing works
– Key issues and opportunities when developing learning websites
– Writing digital content
– Understanding how people browse the web and implications for developing web resources
– Why videos are important and tips on creating them in house
– Briefs for web developers
Request for volunteers during the session:
We will be ‘user testing’ a few learning websites during the session. Martin is currently looking for:
1) A few learning websites for testing – useful feedback will be provided on the sites tested
2) Several test participants – this will involve role-playing a teacher using the website and ‘thinking out loud’ as you browse it
If you are interested in volunteering and receiving a free session ticket, please get in touch with [email protected]