How GEM can help you
Whether you’d like to keep up to date with the latest sector news, develop new skills, or find a new job, GEM are here to help. With GEM you can:
- Keep up to date with sector news, debate and research in the field of heritage learning through GEM’s website, our members’ newsletter (eNews), and our print publications (Case Studies and the Journal of Education in Museums).
- Access a wide range of online resources on the GEM website
- Use our competency framework, to assess and focus your continuing professional development, to shape role specifications or assist performance reviews.
- Develop new skills and take control of your career through GEM’s flexible and responsive training programme.
- Find training & events near you, network, learn new skills and share ideas with colleagues in your part of the world through training and events.
- Find a supplier within the heritage sector who has the expertise for the particular work you need.
- Raise your profile and become a supplier who advertises their services to GEM’s hub of heritage learning professionals.
- Post and look for jobs, including full-time and part-time education positions as well as freelance/consultant contracts on the GEM website.
- Ask questions and debate issues on the GEM JISCMail email list.