Job opportunity with GEM
We're seeking a Finance & Operations Manager to join the GEM team!
GEM is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic multi-skilled manager to join a small dynamic team and be responsible for finance and operations of GEM.
The Finance and Operations Manager will be responsible for the day to day management and administration of GEM, and for helping to ensure the long-term resilience and sustainability of GEM through the application of sound financial, administrative and human resource principles and policies.
The Finance and Operations Manager will work part-time for 15 hours per week from GEM’s Gillingham office. We are willing to be flexible as to how those hours are worked to fit the personal or work circumstances of the successful candidate.
We should like the successful candidate to start work as soon as possible.
Essential experience and skills required:
• Excellent financial management and business planning skills;
• Demonstrable experience of working in a managerial capacity;
• Effective team management and problem-solving skills;
• Experience of fulfilling the financial and policy elements of a company secretary role, preferably in the third sector;
• Skilful in use of Sage (and preferably BrightPay);
• High digital literacy particularly in use of Excel (and preferably Office 365, Word and Access) and willingness to learn new systems where required.
Closing date: Tuesday 29 May 2018 at 12.00 (noon)