An event every day that begins at 10:00, repeating until 24 June 2022
An event every day that begins at 14:45, repeating until 24 June 2022
We warmly invite you to visit the I Am Festival 2022 at our Worship Street Hub! Whilst in the festival you will be able to:
– Explore three artist and school collaborations:
– Contribute to a growing interactive, kinetic sculpture made by artist Linda Bell, The Garden and Stormont House schools and play with materials and forms, responding to her practice.
– Decorate and embellish designs by fashion and textile artist Catia Silvestre, Ickburgh School and New Regents College and take home some new ideas for your own clothes.
– Watch a film made by Corali Dance and Jack Tizzard that invites you to get involved in the action, too.
– Watch films submitted by schools and young people, exploring the theme of Unity.
– Meet members of the I Am Team to discuss inclusive practice
What is I Am Festival?
I Am Festival is A New Direction’s yearly celebration empowering D/deaf, disabled, and neurodivergent young people to explore their creativity.
Over the past five years, the festival has provided a platform for hundreds of young people to showcase their talents, leadership, ideas, and opinions. Find out more and see highlights from last year here.